The Junior League of Lexington’s Community Education and Research Committee (CE&R) reviews grant proposals from non-profit agencies with preference given to projects with a high impact, that serve the greatest numbers possible, and that provide volunteer opportunities for League members. All projects chosen must fit into the League’s focus area-“Promoting the Quality of Life in the Bluegrass.”
***2014 grants are due June 1, 2013***
grant instructions (also posted below)
2014 Junior League of Lexington
Grant Application Instructions
The Junior League of Lexington’s Community Education & Research Committee (CE&R) is pleased to invite non-profit agencies to apply for grant funding.
Proposed projects should begin no earlier than January 1, 2014 and completed by December 31, 2014.
All projects chosen must fit into the League’s focus area-- Promoting the Quality of Life in the Bluegrass.
The Junior League Grant Application is a multi-step process:
- All applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than June 1, 2013 in order to be considered. Electronic applications are preferred.
- All agencies are invited to download the grant application from the Junior League of Lexington website www.lexjrleague.com , complete it in its entirety and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address listed below.
- The committee will review these applications in June and July. Every agency that submits an application will be notified via email whether or not they have made it to the second round of our process. Emails will be sent by August 31st.
- The committee will request additional information from agencies that advance to the second phase of review. Face to face presentations will take place during the second round.
- The committee will select their list of projects to fund given our funding constraints and forward this list to other segments of the Junior League for review and approval in the fall of 2013.
- Upon the final vote by the general membership, all agencies will be notified by their status via email. Checks will be distributed in late November.
Things to consider when completing your application:
- The committee is looking for projects with high impact, which serve the greatest numbers possible, and provide volunteer opportunities for our League members.
- Please do not submit any supporting documents with your initial grant application. Attachments to the initial two page application will not be reviewed.
The CE&R committee is looking forward to reviewing your proposal.
Mail Applications to: Junior League of Lexington
Attn: CE&R Chair
P.O. Box 687
Lexington, KY 40588
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Nixon Hagen, chair of CE&R.